+256755905399 info@alpstrendysafaris.com
+256755905399 info@alpstrendysafaris.com
What are 10 facts about Uganda

10 Facts about UgandaWhat are 10 Facts about Uganda? Why is Uganda called the pearl of Africa?

Hello, my name is Tarasis and I got your contact from the Facebook Group (Traveling in Canada) that we share. Please allow me to share with you these 10 Facts about Uganda and thank you in advance for your time.

Fact 1: Uganda is a home to 54% of this world’s remaining mountain gorillas. The other 46% is shared by Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo. In Uganda, these gorillas are found in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park.

This park is the easiest place to track these gorillas because it is not as mountainous as other tracking places. There is only one gorilla family which is found in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and thus one of the 10 Facts about Uganda

Fact2: Uganda is a home to the Big9. These are the Big 5+2+2, Buffalo, Rhino, Elephant, Leopard and Lion (big five), Chimpanzee and Mountain Gorilla (big two) and Lake Victoria and Source of River Nile. These nine attractions are unique on their way and make Uganda unique.

Fact3: Uganda is crossed by the equator and due to its elevation; temperatures are averagely at 28°C throughout the year. This is probably the best weather in the world.

Fact4: Kibale National Park is the world’s capital of the primates and is found in Uganda. Chimpanzees are the dominant primates there. It has the highest concentration of primates in the world thus the best place for chimpanzee trekking. They share 99.9% if their DNA with humans and this makes them our closest relatives.

Fact5: The world longest River-Nile has its source in Uganda. On this same river is found Murchison Falls which is the world’s most powerful waterfalls. This stunning view can be found in Murchison falls national park which is the oldest and the largest national park in Uganda.

Fact6: Uganda has more inland waters than any other country in Africa. This is due to many lakes and rivers in the country. This and the elevation is the reason why Uganda has the best weather in the world of averagely 28°C throughout the year.

Fact7: Rwenzori Mountain ranges in Uganda is the Africa’s highest block of mountains. It is crossed by the equator but with permanent snow on higher peaks including Margarita peak which is 5,109 Meters above Sea level. In other words, it is higher than the Alps Mountains of Europe.

Fact8: One of the 10 Facts about Uganda is its geographical location in the tropics; Uganda is known to have the sweetest fruits in the world. For example the sweetest pineapples are found in Uganda and whoever has tasted it can tell.

Fact9: Best opportunity for white water rafting is in Uganda. This is because of River Nile which is a permanent river and has never reduced water levels. This means that rafting can take place throughout the year. You cannot easily get this anywhere else in the world.

Fact10: With 52 tribes and more in Uganda, this is the most diverse country you can ever find. That means that you can easily meet people of different tribes in any small group of the people you meet. I am passionate about this country and I work in tour and travel industry at https://www.alpstrendysafaris.com  you can find my videos at https://www.youtube.com/@big9wonders/…

I hope that this can inspire most of you to think about visiting this amazing country. You come to our inbox to book a safari/trip with us, and you will get a discount for your trip. Contact: info@alpstrendysafris.com or Whatsapp +256755905399

error: Content is protected !!